Possible dilemma

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Dec 4, 2013.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well so i start my job Monday, which i have been looking forward to, i can wait at all, but ive noticed problems that i had when i was at uni in regards to my health.

Some of you may know ive had a transplant, and that i was on dialysis for about 3 years. Now ive noticed this last week that ive been unusually tired, which more or less is the same as when i was on dialysis, this was put down to low iron and low blood count, anemia to give it, its proper name. Also my right leg has started to retain fluid, which is not a great sign at all, i mean that's what the kidney is there for.

Now hopefully its some sort of thing that can be treated or is some sort of blip and i can carry on as normal, however, and this is the scary bit for me, how do i tell my new employer that hey, somethings up and im ill etc, especially seeing as im new there. I mean do i have any rights at all, im presuming not as you get the 6 months probationary period etc.

Just very unsure. Im keeping positive, but just on the safe side ive booked in the docs on friday and no doubt, ill get a blood test done and what not.

ZX

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680