Podcasts

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by funkymrmagic, Jun 9, 2011.

1. funkymrmagic

funkymrmagic New Member

I was sitting browsing iTunes just the other morning and it suddenly occurred to me that I can count the number of podcasts that I've ever downloaded on one hand. I've been taking the train into work the last few days whilst the car is in getting fixed and so I quickly downloaded a few to keep me occupied on the journey. It got me to wondering if anybody used any podcasts as a certification resource (or even just for filling in gaps in knowledge, post-certification)? Maybe if anybody uses any, they could suggest them here?

This morning, I've been looking through/listening to some from the Defcon conferences. They're not specifically certification-based, but there are some very interesting elements from a security perspective. There seem to be quite a lot relating to MS & Cisco stuff, but relatively few on firewalls (which is what I was looking for).

Has anybody got any that are particularly worth a look (or a must to avoid)?

Thanks!

Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCSA R65/R70/R71, TIGER Scheme QST
    WIP: TIGER Scheme Senior Tester, CCSE R71
  2. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

OK, so these aren't security/firewall related directly, but can definitely be recommended from a virtualization perspective:
    TalkShoe - Call - VMware Communities Roundtable
    vSoup | All about virtualisation from vSoup to vNuts!
    vChat Virtualization Video Chat

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have talked about this before. Cant remember all of them but Trainsignal do ones from A+ level to MCSE level and even though french maid tv doesn't do any new ones you can still get their podcasts on miro.

The do basic pc maintenace upto house hold repairs and beyond.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

I normally listen to security now from the This week in Tech network

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I Listen to Windows Weekly on This Week in Tech

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  6. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

+1. Always a good listen for trending topics in IT. I like how passionate Steve Gibson is, very entertaining to listen to.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: ABC's