Please

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Thank you.

That's a shame, as if it's through a secure sight like mine was and it is for a cause I believe in then I would sponsor you.

Initially I felt guilty about asking all the people I asked (esp friends and family as they may feel that they have to support because we are close...but then thought that If I didn't ask anyone then I wouldn't get anything and, at the end of the day if they don't want to sponsor me than they won't...and If they do then bonus...

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

You so right and for that I have given you some rep!:thumbleft

I have been raising money for BHF British Heart Foundation, The event shown here

Hearts First Sea Swim - Bournemouth Pier to Pier

is to swim in the sea and raise money for local surgery to buy some equipment for testing patient who have suffered heart attacks. It's not been easy, the event is 1.4 miles in the sea, roughly 102 lengths in a standard swimming pool. But it's not the distance that is the problem but the coldness of the water and the tide. Even with a wet suit on it's bloody cold!:(

This will be my 8th swimathlon but I haven't done a swimathlon or a triathlon for three years after sustaining a knee injury and then last year I feel off a motorbike and hurt my leg and back!

So i am a little nervious about the event, although I have been told there will be around 950 swimmers in the sea with me!:ohmy So I won't be alone and there are life guards in canoes.

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Ouch! Well all the best for that. You will do fine!! Please can you send me the link for your sponsorship page if you have one...

Thanks,

Lee

4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks Leehaa, I tend to use the old fashion sponsorship form - the hard copy. But since I have signed up with BHF this year they have set up an online sponsorship page!

:hhhmmm still getting my head around it, there's two websites one with BHF whereby I send an email to sponsors and another called justgiving:blink

5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Right then, the following link takes you to my sponsorship page for BHF.

Seems a shame it doesn't count the ones I have got through the paper (hard copy) sponsorship form:rolleyes: Still never mind!

If you click on the following link it takes you to BHF fundraising, thanks Leehaa for the support!:thumbleft

Sponsor me

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats, Lee!!

Hm... I've been debating with myself as to whether or not to post on CF regarding donations for my upcoming mission trip... but I'm not sure how best to go about that, considering most of you live in the UK. Any suggestions?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

See - there ya go - that's a lil more than you would have had if you hadn't asked! :D x

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks Leehaa, that's really kind of you to do that! :rocks :super

:smilescol

9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I guess you could do what Leehaa did (although I thought she was very brave to ask) and start a thread asking for sponsor ship if you could set up a sponsor website or email link like British heart foundation have, then maybe it might work!8)

10. BosonMichael

Well, it'd be through my church, and they don't have a donation link... so... hm.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Well if that's the case then why don't you design one for them?

After all it's not that hard to setup a website, you can buy templates or desgin one with Dreamweaver and flash. Im sure if you ask Mitzs she will probably give you hand as well!8)

12. BosonMichael

1. Lack of Web design knowledge - and I don't really have the time these days to pick it up!
    2. Lack of secure storefront knowledge - I'd rather leave that to the pros.
    3. No access to their hosting... nor do I even know who does their Web site currently.

To be honest, they're content with me mailing out letters. That said, I don't even know if my church could accept an international cheque, were one of you to send them one via snail mail. :blink

I'd be content with accepting donations on my PayPal account, though I have no way of providing proof that the money is indeed going to my church.

Templates = money... which is something I'm trying to raise, not spend. :D
    Dreamweaver = money... I don't own Dreamweaver, and if I had it, I wouldn't know how to use it.

And... all this stuff takes time, which I don't have... even consulting with Mitzs takes time. :(

Will chew on it for a bit. :hhhmmm

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Fair play mate:thumbleft

Although I'm sure there are free web designer software out there. :hhhmmm maybe Freddy Freeloader will know after all he seems to know a lot about FOS!

I remember when I first started web designing I used a student version of dreamweaver and some freebie software off a computer magazine.

Then again if you haven't the time to do this...Well there is another way..but I'll let you chew on it for a while before going down that road!8)

14. BosonMichael

The last Web site I "built" was for an astronomy class, 12 years ago... each page had text, pictures, home, next, previous... and that's about it.