Please may you look at my CV

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by asoe209, Sep 1, 2010.

1. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

Hello all, I was hoping you guys could have a look at my CV as it stands at present and see what I could include and change on it. As I just want to get it ready and pretty much try my luck at getting an entry level position at the mo.

Before you say I know my Profile needs some work but this is one thing that im not sure on how to right it (where to start, what to put in etc).
    if you can give tips on that this would be a big help.

With my current CV is there any type of jobs that I can apply for now as it stands.

This has been bugging me as well entry level jobs. is service desk the only entry level job in to it or is there another way round. As I would really like to do more hands on work repairing, setting up etc what would that come under on a job search.

I would like to give early thanks to any comments made and you know the deal tell it how it is people if is s**t let it known.

Attached Files:

Certifications: City & Guilds level PC repar 1 & 2
    WIP: Comptia A+
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I've had a quick glance through and the first (and only for now) comment is PROOF READ! If your written English isn't that great then get someone else to read through for you.

If you don't take the time to make sure your CV is grammatically correct and spelt right why would any employer take the time to read it?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

Fair point, to be honest I have not done that with this version of my cv but I know that I do need to be more on the ball with that.

This is some thing that will be sorted in the rewrighten version. Thanks

So every one disregard the spelling for now as I do know.

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

A few things :-

1. Spellcheckers exist you know, as IT people the least we can do is use one.

2. Really people posting CV's should make their best effort and also get family and friends to review before posting.

In this way CV posters will get the most useful feedback the fastest without wasting other peoples time.

Thirdly I'd advise you start trying to be more careful about what / how you write, in this way your English will gradually improve. Read more books, use spell-checkers, Google, dictionaries, Wikipedia etc.

Any employer will expect you to have a reasonable level of English so that you will be able to be professional, you should start working on improvement now.

The rich-edit control for this forum even highlights spelling errors in red !!! (It's 'rewritten'...)

Everyone deserves a chance in life but currently your CV does little to make you stand out from the crowd, a self studied A+ might help a little, or some explanation of why you're meant for IT, what you've done with IT in your spare time etc.

Why did you spend 3 years at college doing art if computers are your thing ? Why does it say you left in college 2002 and in 2003 ? etc

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  5. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

OK..... Ill get to work on this at some point today and post up a new one. I was a little eager in posting this version on my CV it is poor in spelling and grammar, I dose not really sell my self in IT. hopefully will have it up for the end of the day depending how time goes at work.