1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help, what shall I train in and is computeach anygood?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by thunnisett, Jul 21, 2005.

1. thunnisett

thunnisett New Member

Hi,
    I have just joined this forum and need urgent help.

I had a computeach rep come round to discuss some courses. He has suggested the

'Designing & Implimenting Microsoft Windows applications - visual basic . NET'

Which will get me the following qualifications. (MCP) and core or elective credits towards (MCAD), (MCSD) and elective credit towards (MCDBA).

I haven't a clue what this all means, I just wanted to train as a programmer.

I only have basic experience on PC's, i.e. normal stuff used for home pleasure etc.

The course is £4200............. Is this expensive for this course???????

I would love to get direct replies via email so I can chat some more. (Emaill = thunnisett@aol.com)

Also once I have passed this course what sort of money does it pay?

Thanks,
    Tonythunnisett@aol.com

2. thunnisett

thunnisett New Member

Also what sort of qualification is this? is it like a NVQ, degree? etc etc

3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Tony, and welcome. I doubt if anyone will be able to answer all your questions in one quick post, but most of them have already been answered, or opinions offered, in our Training & Development Forum (clickable link). Have a good look around in there first :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

Welcome to the good ship that is CertForums. Glad you made it :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Tony. Welcome to CertForums. I am no expert at programming by any means so I can't help you with that. I did notice that you posted your actual e-mail address. Occasionally, spammers either manually or through automated processes, search sites such as this one for usable e-mail addresses. You don't really need to post yours openly.

If you enabled it in your profile, any member of CF can either send you a Private Message (PM) or an e-mail using the forum software. If you absolutely must post an e-mail addy openly, try a format like

fred AT hotmail DOT com.

That usually is enough to keep the roving spam spiders off your back. Ok...color me paranoid. :oops:

Hope you enjoy it here. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi Tony

Welcome to this tiny bit if the datasphere.

I am a student of the Open University and am doing a number of programming courses to make up my degree. Have you considered doing a degree in Computing with them? It will take longer and cost less but you will have a full BSc (Hons) at the end of it. www.open.ac.uk

Just a thought!

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Hi mate.
    I hope you've misunderstood him, and that he's not really offering you ONE MCP for £4,200. You should be getting the whole MCSD for that price.
    MCAD/MCSD is a tough one, do not take it lightly.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD