1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me solve my small query

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by shejokes, Sep 24, 2009.

1. shejokes

shejokes New Member

I have been self studying (computing) from about 5 yrs, i am currently self employed as freelance web developer but i don't have any certification so i am thinking of spending this year preparing and giving as much exams as possible.

I am thinking of giving those exams A+, N+, Zend PHP Certification, CCNA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, CEH
    Please suggest me the best order to prepare and give those exams, btw if i only give MCSE is MCTS, MCITP, MCSA required.

Please suggest me, thank you very much.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's a very mixed bag.

Why not pick one and see how you get on?

I'm not sure how something like an MCSE will tie in with your experience as a web developer.
    You'd be better off looking at MCPD certs.

Do you think it will benefit your business if you have all those certs?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

None of those certifications are relevant to Web development. If you want to become a technical admin, you should start out with the A+, Network+, and MCDST, and get an entry-level IT job before pursuing any other certifications.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!