Please donate

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, Jan 15, 2014.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Hi Guys, its beena long long long long time since i posted as a regular on here. I still keep comming back and checking posts, looking at advice on certs etc, and have even managed to get one of my work mates to join as he's started looking at CISCO certs.

Over the last 3 years i've become a bit of a runner and mountain biker in my spare time, just as a way of keeping fit. I enjoy it all and have even entered a few races for both (though normally only ever come in teh middle of the pack). I've entered obstacle course races, half marathons and even some 24hr relay races, just for fun!
    Well as one of my latest challenges this year, i've managed to get a place in teh London Marathon. For those that may not know, this is a total of 26.2miles running. I've never run that far and normally only bike that distance once a month. SO this is gonna be hard. I've started training and thats been a bit up and down (especially as i put on 3kg over xmas!!).
    Something that makes this even more special, is that i've decided to run for a charity. I've chosen the Sheffield Hospital Charity. The reason for this is that most of my family live in or near sheffield, so over the years have used one of teh hospitals there, and 2 years ago, my uncle died of cancer after a very long battle. He was nursed and cared for by staff at one of teh hospitals. SO i see this as my way of paying something back.

So what i would like is for members of Certforums to donate what ever they can, be it £1, £5, £10 or more, every little bit would help. I've set a target of £500 and would be pleased just to reach half that by April. The link to donate is Virgin Money Giving | Fundraising | Paul Bingham's fundraising page . If Anyone would be so kind as to give, i'd appreciate it and be very thankful.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,