Played GTA4?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by IThurts, Apr 30, 2008.

1. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

anyone...?on the 360 or PS3?I have it at home but havent had a chance to play it yet due to my PC faults. Cant wait till it comes out for PC too!The modders will have a field day with it.

I hear its meant to be a benchmark in gaming...
    any thoughts?

Certifications: BTEC national Diploma Computer Studies
    WIP: See Sig
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Saw it my friends last night it looks ace. I didn't get a chance to play it though.

I have read 3 reviews on it and they all gave it 10 out of 10 because of the gameplay etc although there are rumors that it can freeze especially on the PS3 version but all the reviews I read said they didn't experience any freezing so its probably just one of those crap rumors.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

nope, its true that in a small number of cases on the PS3, that GTA4 can freeze during gameplay. However the suggested workaround from the developers is to delete and reinstall the game from the PS3.

Its apparently a very small minority that experience this issue, and a fairly easy solution.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

I read the reviews and boy oh boy its looks immense. Intricate detail etc. Little things such as being able to go onto the internet and the friendships that you make and the fact you can call people on your mobile phone and just go chill out play darts get drunk etc etc...

truly looks like the cats knackers. ill play it and let you guys know how good it really is.:biggrin

5. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

Got it last night after a mad scramble to the shops, it is an ace game, the flatliner burger advert is the funniest thing i have seen in ages :biggrin, can be seen in nicos house if you watch the tv.

Great video review available here http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33326.html if anyone is interested.

WIP: LIFE
  6. greenbrucelee

It does look good, dependant on how the PC version progresses I may be tempted to get an XBOX360 for this. Games like this in my opinion are better on consoles like I said in the other thread.

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...you KNOW this is just gonna turn into a PC vs. console thread again... :rolleyes:

See? SEE?!? :twisted::p:biggrin

Can't wait for it to come out on the PC. :onthePC

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. BosonMichael

Have fun with yer auto-aiming, nerfed experience. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

GTA has always been better on PC
    GTA1 back on the Playstation was a shocking experience compared to the PC, it was so much slower it was scary, and as Mike has pointed out, auto aiming for the lose
    unfortunately it will be a while before it comes out on the PC, as is always the case these days!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. greenbrucelee

I am impatient thats all, maybe I will wait and compare the two.

And yes GTA1 was pants on the playstation and much better on the PC, I wonder if I should get Vice city and see how it is on the PC (not sure if it'll run on newer PCs though.

11. BosonMichael

Why wouldn't Vice City run on newer PCs? Even GTA3, which came out before Vice City, was designed to run on XP.

12. Fergal1982

ah GTA1. now that was a great game. even if you couldnt always tell which way you were facing.

Loved flaming the Gouranga guys. and the fire engines were awesome at speed.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  13. BosonMichael

Worth the wait, is it not? 8)

BoJosh got impatient when GTA3 came out, so he bought a PS2 specifically to play it. :p

14. greenbrucelee

what was the top down version where you were just stealing cars? I had that one on playstation I thought it was the first GTA :blink

15. Fergal1982

16. greenbrucelee

17. chrisduggan

chrisduggan Bit Poster

I gave my wife the first go, she has been on it most of the afternoon. Smashing into anything in her sights. Graphics are awesome.

Certifications: A+
  18. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I loved the motorcycles in GTA1, line up on the center line and you were home free the entire length of the map, and ad chaotic speed!

yeah killing the monks was always funny when you got all of them! lol
    anyone remember taking the train anywhere in GTA1? and if you got your bike on the track every now and then it would spontaneously combust! lol

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  19. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

Yea i cant wait for the PC version either..i got the 360 1 because im impatient.:biggrin

San andreas was great on the PC, even better with the multiplayer mode...for those that dont know...yes San andreas pc has a multiplayer mode, google SAMP or san andreas multiplayer...its a great mod that essentially allows you to play the game in all its open world glory with the exception that everyone is human...upto 100 players online or something like that...with team deathmatch free exploration modes etc etc.Its really quite something...and one of the reasons and a perfect example of why i prefer pcs to consoles...ie; the ability to do these mods and such that a console just cannot match.
    Anyway i dont really want to turn this into a7 pages thread again....just saying:)

20. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Haven't played the game yet, but will be getting it on Friday

@ITHurts
    Whats the online gaming like in GTA 4? I've heard stories that its cops and robbers setup, and groups of gangs on the same map fighting for territory

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)