Plaxo + Outlook = pain

Discussion in 'Software' started by oztrailrider, May 20, 2009.

1. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

Hi all,

I have an issue with a laptop that is doing my head in and I am hoping someone here can help. This system has Outlook 2007 installed, which is a fresh install I performed recently and the user runs Plaxo and a couple of other add-ins (MAPILab Add Contacts, Adobe PDFmaker).

When he has Plaxo installed, Outlook becomes very unstable and will lock up consistently when receiving new e-mails or switching between e-mail already in the inbox. It's a simple configuration, just a POP3 account with a PST file. As soon as I disable/remove Plaxo the issues are gone. The other add-ins don't seem to be causing any issue since Outlook still plays up when the other add-ins are disabled.

The other strange thing is that scanpst is reporting errors every time I check the file, it's only one single error in the file according to the scanpst log, however it never manages to repair it. Any ideas/suggestions?. Plaxo simply told me the issue is with Outlook and to see Microsoft.

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+