1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ping Zebulebu

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

I keep reading your Donnie Darko quote in your sig (well, I'm assuming it's Donnie Darko!), and it's given me a hankering to watch it... a lot :)

I've been told I can't watch it tonight as it's too depressing. Rubbish!

What did you think, the very first time you watched it? Did you have to watch it a couple of times to understand it, or do you just like it as a film?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Hey bud

Awesome film - I didn't see it when it was hyped up, I made sure I waited for all the hoo-haa to die down so I could watch it objectively. It has its flaws, but it's up there with the most enjoyable films I've watched and bears repeated viewing.

I can't understand how anyone could find it depressing - no more than anyone would find 'The Breakfast Club' depressing.

Also, it has the best soundtrack of any film I've ever seen - except maybe the LOTR trilogy and 'The Village'

In short - its brilliant, watch it.

And yes, the quote is from Donnie Darko - just one of about 100 quotable pieces of dialogue in the film!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Oh, I knew it was from Donnie Darko. It's one of my favourite films, and I think it's a masterpiece every time I see it :)

Was just interested in hearing your opinions of it. The very first time I watched it, I was with three other people, and at the end of the film they were just like 'huh'? And hadn't got any idea about what the film had been doing.

I have my own personal opinions about it :) was just interested in finding out yours!

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Dang - I didn't read your post properly and assumed you hadn't seen it yet!

The director's cut dumps on the cinema cut from such a great height - I presume you've seen both?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

I have, and I'm now in posession of solely the directors cut :)

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I still have only seen the movie once...and I should really watch it again...its definitely an all time classic...weird in such a sense u know u have to watch it again and again and again...and i would only watch it again for the weirdness...hmmm...methinks I shall watch it tonight...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You are now tempting me to buy the director's cut. Classic movie. :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep it is a great film, and the soundtrack rules.

I haven't seen the directors cut but may get it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

I haven't seen the film, however I kind of forgot about it, but thanks for reminding me of it, I will rent it sometime this week.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA