Ping simongrahamuk

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Aug 17, 2006.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Just wondering how your Mac is doing...which one did u end up getting by the way? hope ur not thinking of getting that blasted Mac Pro? And have you taken the extended warranty too? lol...maybe its just a force of habit but I cant help it mate...hope its going well for you tho...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Mac's doing great, thanks Noel.

I'm really liking it at the moment, it just seems a whole lot 'smoother' than XP does with more memory.

I bought the bottom of the range MacBook, the 1.8Ghz one, it runs really well and I'm starting to venture beyond the basic into the settings and stuff.

Never bothered with the extended warranty, was gona cost me an extra £150 ish, which I simply couldn't afford.

The only problem that I have with it at the moment is that I run Parallels Desktop on it, but since it only has 512 MB RAM I'm limited in what I can do. More memory is the next item on my list, but I don't think thats gona be for a while.

8)

3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well am glad to hear it most Mac customers expect the likes of the MacBook to perform faster but when u mention more memory to them they start to have a go at you saying Apple advertised it as a fast machine blah blah blah and u have to explain to them why they need the extra RAM...not you Si, you know exactly what you're doing...I know the extra warranty is a lot but once ur outside the first 12mths the repair charges are between £250 and £1500+ :eek:

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I love it !!! SG - you got total, free and bespoke tech support from Apple from our own and finest, NoelG !! You must be the only Mac owner on the planet that can say that :)

Love it, Guys :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

more like the luckiest Mac owner...hehe...:biggrin if he knows whats good for him that is...haha...