PING s0methingwkd

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Feb 12, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Just in case you haven't read the forums rules or threads on Brain Dumps.

Have a look at this thread.

POLL ON BD'S
    CF took a poll to find out what people think about BD's

92% SAID IS A NO GO AREA!:x

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Make that 93.10% :wink:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, to be fair, the question didn't ask whether braindumps were a "no go" or not... it asked whether we have ever used braindumps before. There are certainly people who have never used braindumps before who would have no moral problem using them... and there are certainly people who used braindumps in the past who have discovered the error of their ways and subsequently refuse to use them in the future.

So, to be fair and accurate, another poll should be created that asks not, "Have you used braindumps before?", but rather, "Do you use braindumps and/or endorse their use?"

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

So what about you BBM?

Do you endorse or support people who use them?

Have you ever met anyone who has used them?

5. BosonMichael

If you've read my posts about braindumps, you know the answer to your first question: I'm about as anti-braindump as they come.

Yes, I have met plenty of people who have used braindumps. Some purposefully... some accidentally.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i dont get what the original idea of this thread is all about?

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Did your view/opinion change when you found out that person had use BD's? Was there a life and death reason for using BD's?

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Maybe you should go back to sleep then:p :biggrin

9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

zzzzzzz

i just read his posts and see what you guys are going on about.... anyway

:sleeping

10. BosonMichael

There's never a life or death reason for using BDs. The excuse of "OHMYGOD I'M GONNA LOSE MY JOB IF I DON'T GET CERTIFIED TOMORROW AND I'VE GOT TO USE BRAINDUMPS TO GET CERTIFIED NOW NOW NOW" is total crap.

My opinion changes of people not because they used BDs, but because of their attitudes towards BDs after they discover what they *really* are. Those who are regretful for using them and who never use them again, I admire greatly. Those who get an attitude because they think I'm "calling them out", and who continue to use them even after they know that using them is cheating get thrown in the same pile as any other cheater - I think less of them as a tech.

Allow me to repeat - there is NO justifiable reason for having to use braindumps to pass an exam. If you need to use them to pass, you're not ready to pass. If you don't need to use them to pass, then don't use them, period. There's no way one can call using braindumps anything other than cheating.

11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks BBM for answering the question. I have just posted you another question on doglover thread under Hello All.

Mr Cheeks, wake up and pay attention I will be testing you later otherwise you will have to write out 100 lines of why I must not go to sleep while on CF :biggrin :twisted:

:cracking :lolbang