Ping Runners

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Excellent! Looks like you were still running strong at that point...was it nearing the end?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

I think that may have been around the 7th mile mile. I was aiming for sub 2 hrs so was trying to keep my time to 8.5 mins a mile to allot for slowdowns due to crowding and taking on water. Easy to do when you have wrist mounted gps:biggrin
    I actually sped up towards the last three miles. Was quite chuffed in the end with my time of 1:55.

I have modest ambitions in running and always said i'd ike to get less that 2 hours in a half marathon. I was honestly expecting not to be able to keep up the pace especially with no real training

First day back at my gym yesterday as well. Pleased to report they've redecorated and installed more cardio equipment. Knackered today though:(

Hmm this is turning into sportforums!

go to the active europe website and see whats going on in your area. Enter a race or two then you'll pretty much have to train.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  3. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

I try to get in 2 x 8k's and 1 interval training runs a week. Only been doing it for about 1 month but am already noticing the results having lost 3kgs and a couple of cm's of the waist. Also got back into playing squash, cycling, gym-ing and general running arounded-ness.

It all stemmed from a "holy crap" moment when I got on the scales after a couple of years and was about 10kgs heavier then I used to be. Its a lot easier to put on the take off but getting there slowly but surely.

Happy trails people

Jiggy.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: ABC's
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What, you get overcertified, and you think everyone else should join you? Egads, what kind of advice are you trying to offer around here? :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. BosonMichael

I've gotten motivation from this thread... I just hope the motivation lasts until I get back, when I can start in earnest.

Uh... doncha think you should ask Arro first? :ohmy :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I'm sorry - I'm too good.

We both are - it's true :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

:shocked ...as much as I like Arro.....just.....don't......:eek:

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Better yet, get up before dawn...and tell Michael to get his mind out of the gutter. :wink: Happy running.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. BosonMichael

well... you said... :ohmy

:biggrin

10. BosonMichael

Yeah, you don't want to wake her. She's mean in the mornings!!! :ohmy

:biggrin

11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Keep diggin buddy :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  12. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

LOL :biggrin

13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

He's got a long way to go before he catches you :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  14. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Went for a run through the fog this morning. It wasn't the most pleasant and I didn't bother working out the distance (couldn't really see any 'land marks' anyway), but I went for 26 minutes with one 20 sec break in-between...and it took about 2 minutes to get my breath back (fully) after....so think it was an acceptable start...

...whose turn is it next eh? :D

15. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

Ah foggy here too ..... I mainly do body building and quit smoking two weeks ago and have so much energy Im thinking of running in the morning to calm me down!!!
    Been bodybuilding for two years now!

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+
  16. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Used to run a bit a few years back and ended up in pretty good shape - unlike now :D

Went for a run on Friday, only 15 minutes, but I had pneumonia a few years back and thats knackered half a lung, but recovered pretty quickly from it (the run that is! :) ) - so pretty OK I thought.

Will take a miss tonight due to visiting friends later, but will attempt a run tomorrow (Sunday) morning - see if I can do the same again.

Idea: lets keep this thread up and running (IGMC) as an inspiration for anyone who wants to join and report???

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  17. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Foggy, but it sure did turn into a stunning day!!
    Great idea with the morning run if you can get into the habit...often gives you more energy to keep going through the morning..but then you tire...and get a decent sleep...ready for the next morning!

18. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Wow - that must have been quite harsh with your lung. I hope that it doesn't affect you too much.

Did you go for that run today?

Great idea to keep this thread 'running' - although there are runners forums, I for one avoid them because it makes me tired looking at them. Being as this is my fav forum, I won't be able to avoid seeing this thread...and it's quite motivating already!!

Michael, didn't you say you were going to try and get out? Your turn next!!! :cracking :lol:

19. BosonMichael

AFTER the trip. ;)

20. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I went out for a 4.5 mile run yesterday morning. The sun has been out all week here so it was a nice day for it. It was the first time I tried running with an MP3 player, I have been running for about 2 years without one. I did quite like it, am going to get some headphones that don't keep falling out though!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation