PING GBL

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by dales, Jan 24, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hey there,

Just out of interest I was wondering how you are getting on with your A+, what bits are you finding tricky/ easy how long do you think it will be before your ready for the exams.

Im only wondering because I got mine pre 2003 objectives and i understand the exam has changed alot since then (I only had a hardware and OS exam to take).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

As I have studied compuing for quite some time, alot of what I have read is just remembering what I have forgotten since I last studied, but there are some newer things that I needed to know such as ATA, PATA and SATA there was no such thing as those when I was studying before.

Also I will find remembering IRQs difficult when it comes to the exam hopefully it'll fall in to place when I do it.

There has also been such a leap in processor speed since I last studied I think Pentium 233MHz where the fasterst around back then there were no GHz processors.

I havent studied since September and tried a practice exam the other day and I only got 80% so I am gonna start studying again, as I think if I can get 90% or over then I have a better chance of passing.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Sounds like a good plan, I think I remember having trouble with irq's as well. Its one of those things that is useful to know but you would seldom use it in the real world especially these days.

I'm quite tempted to pick up mike 6th just to have as a reference book.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I'll keep mine as it will come in useful.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?