Problem Ping all web gurus... well not even gurus, I ain't that great with tar interwebz

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by Arroryn, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I have a little task to build a site for a charity auction for some guys at my place.

It is paramount that the site is in auction format - for standard donations they are either accepting cash or sorting a justgiving page.

Does anyone know of any basic coding templates I can use for this? I have had a hunt around the web, but everything I find is either geared towards you setting up a huge auction site or tailoring your eBay gumph.

It can be in HTML, java or flash (that's all the free hosting site I've found will cope with apparently).

Alternatively, if you know any free auction style hosting sites let me know (I can't find one that doesn't look seedy).

I would prefer that users had to log in to see this due to the nature of the auction (don't ask) - needless to say, eBay is not an option here.

Any help hugely appreciated!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

There's an auction plugin for Wordpress :

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-auctions/

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Arroryn

Awesome, thanks :biggrin :thumbleft

4. Arroryn

Hmmm just going over how useable for purpose that is..... lets see how many things I can break all at once.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No, you're not... or you'd know it is "teh intarwebs". :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Maybe it's the tar that's slowing her down?

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

ZING! :p

If it's not the tar, it's the webz. :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Wordpress is php, you will need hosting with php/mysql support if you want that. There's not really anything you can do with html, java/flash.. well maybe flash but it will be far too much work for what you want.
    Try get some hosting with php/mysql and go with Kev's choice. MSN me if you need :)

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)