Pin Diagram??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arroryn, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'm currently having built a custom design workstation for repairing hardware.

I'm having a large standoff made to house any and all motherboard types I may encounter. Is there such a thing available as a screw diagram to show the positioning of screw holes, such as you get in most cases?

I suggested just removing one from a chassis, but apparently that isn't a practical idea. Men. :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I have made some space for a spare machine. It is a stand alone machine that i can swop out parts with.
    It is literally a bare case with no sides on, a psu, mobo and CD ROM. This way i can use it for formatting hard drives, retrieving data off corrupt computers etc. without taking my main machine apart.

As for the dimensions of the mobo, all ATX boards will have the same layout. I find the brass stand off style of posts support the mobo better and less likely to *fall through* than the other flimsy types.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The screw-holes for motherboards are part of the ATX standard.

Have a look here for the standard.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Great stuff Harry - thank :thumbleft

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA