Picky ebay user

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zxspectrum, Jul 23, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I know exactly why the payment's being held up - it's right in PayPal's Hold Policy:

• you have less than a 100 feedback score,
    • you are selling in a high-risk category, and
    • you don't have a record of good performance - you have 2 negatives against you out of 13 total feedback ratings. Whether those negatives are fair or not is irrelevant.

It might be a hassle for you, but I'm quite glad they do it. A long time ago, before they had these policies, I was burned by a dude who sold me a processor that never came. He scammed people for $10,000 before he was caught - and never prosecuted. :dry PayPal and eBay eventually paid the claim out of their own pockets... but it took 9 months.

I understand that you were being honest in your ad... but PayPal has no way of knowing that, considering the above factors. If you were PayPal, you'd probably take precautions too.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well i never expected this this morning when i woke up, i got a reply from the bloke who bought the lappy, this is what it read

Rocket science no but engineering yes. However quality engineering principles surrounding reliability and repeatability are not required when it takes multiple
    attempts at loading a selection of cds and dvds before they are read, just common sense.

The most likely cause of the loose drive tray and its poor alignment is probably over compensating the downward forces required for the discs to seat securely
    due to poorly designed clips. I have replaced the spindle and tightened and straightened the guides and all discs are being read first time now. Still not tried
    blueray...don't have any discs!

I wasn't aware of the 32 bit issue surrounding visible ram and vista but can't say I'm surprised, typical Microsoft...one of the reasons I switched to macs years
    ago.

Acer were kind enough to supply all the missing programs and drivers originally supplied with the laptop and it seems to be running fine. Father in-law seems
    pleased too so I have left positive feedback thanks.

Kind regards..

And his feedback read quality item at a great price reccomonded.

Im pleased that ive eventually got the money, but the whole experience has put me oof using ebay i think. Now i have chance to leave feedback for him, and the petty side of me wants to leave a catty comement, just for the way hes dragged it out etc, dunno ill proabably not leave any, as you canmt leave negative feeedback these days can you

Oh well leats its over with now

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good deal! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. nick9one1

nick9one1 Bit Poster

Ive had this before with Paypal. I thought it was 21 days though?