Picked up the new Keyboard/Synth on Friday!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by drum_dude, Apr 11, 2010.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi all,

Well straight after work I drove up to Burnley to pick up the Roland Fantom X8 Keyboard that I bought from ebay! It's freakin' brill!!! I love it!!!!

It's got LOADS of patches from the old Jupiter series of keyboard that made the 80s what it was LOL!!! Even has a special Brass section patch called 'Jump' which is basically the synth sound from Van Halen's Jump. Other patches include those all to familiar sounds from bands such as Human League, Duran Duran, Gary Numan etc etc etc! Bloody great! And the normal instrument/orchestra patches...amazing! The best orchestra patch is one called 'Heros' and it sounds like the typical Star Wars/Superman type John Williams sound! The piano patches are amazing too! In fact the whole thing is great!

I must have been nuts to consider blowing £2500 on the Fantom G...for less then £1000 the X is more than enough for my needs and is a proper gigging keyboard!

Have attached some photos of the Fantom X

:biggrin

Attached Files:

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Sweeeeeet!! :D

WIP: Uhmm... not sure