photoshop training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by 808, Aug 12, 2005.

1. 808

808 Nibble Poster

is there a certification program for photoshop users.if so has anyone any idea of what colleges run it.

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: A+,N+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I believe that adobe runs a certification program, but as to weather it is specific to Photoshop I'm not sure.

Here is a link to their site.

As to weather any colleges run it then I'm not sure.

8)

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

I can recommend CATS as training providers. Take a look here

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. candyman

candyman Bit Poster

Most colleges offer courses in Photoshop and Adobe do certification programs - it depends whether you want to learn it to teach others or just attain a recognised cert. If it is for a job then you will need to have a portfolio of creative work using this software and the same goes for illustrator, flash, web design or graphics. Demonstable knowledge and experience are more likely to get you work even without the cert. However, a cert from Adobe is essential if you wish to be a recognised Adobe instructor.

I can recommend "Adobe Photoshop 7 - Classroom in a book" (the series covers Photoshop 6 and other Adobe products) which you can get from your local library or the shops. This would give you a detailed grounding in the software. There are many other references available as well.