Personal Computer World to close

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Personal Computer World to close

Twelve jobs at risk as Incisive Media closes Personal Computer World, one of Britain's oldest consumer technology titles

Incisive Media is closing Personal Computer World, one of the UK's oldest consumer technology titles, after more than 30 years, putting 12 jobs at risk.

The company said that it had been forced to close the title, which was first published in 1978, because of a combination of factors including the economic downturn and the decline of the computer magazine market. PCW's final issue, for August, will go on sale on 18 June.

"Because of the unprecedented adverse economic climate, advertisement and copy sale revenues have declined in parallel with the contraction of the monthly personal computer magazine market, to the point that the title is no longer economically viable," the company said today.

Full Article: Here

Thanks to Ence for the find :thumbleft

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. UKDarkstar
      UKDarkstar
      Great shame, PCW was a stalwart of the IT mag world :ohmy
    2. Modey
      Modey
      Yeah, it's been going as long as I have been into computers. Real shame to hear it's closing down. To be honest though, I haven't bought it for a good while. Have had a sub to PC Plus for the last few years.