Person spec

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Mar 15, 2012.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive found a job near me, which is just over 5 mies away, we have a good train system and bus system round here so getting to an fro would not be a problem plus i could always bike there. Anyway i was reading the job spec and they state that it is essiential for the candidate to have a license and a car for work purposes etc. Now i understand all this, but i know i wont get past the application form selection which seems somewhat unfair. I have been gaining experience and i feel that im very suitable for the job.

Ill still apply, but should i state on the form that i would purchase a car as soon as possible, ie when i start getting paid???

Any ideas ?

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Hey Ed,

I presume from your last comment that you already have a driving licence? I'd still apply for the job, if you get through to the interview state you don't currently own a car but will be getting one in the near future. You might get offered a company vehicle...

Could you consider using a credit card to get a car if you got the role?

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. zxspectrum

Not rally Boffy, ive not got the best history so id be paying through the nose etc.

Ed

4. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

It was just a thought, I'd still apply and see how it goes 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I got my first development job without a license, despite it being a requirement. Just fire it in, and let them know you dont.

If it is utterly essential, then you will probably get canned, but thats their choice. If you don't send it in, then you have no chance at getting the job.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. zxspectrum

Yeah, ill still post for it, was a bit worried about the car situation. I will let you know if i get a bite from them.

Cheers for the advice guys

Ed

7. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Yeah defo apply for the job, i think it's more important they find the right candidate & the car issue can be easily sorted out after

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  8. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

you never know, if they really like you then they may offer you a company car scheme or something

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  9. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

It's obviously as you would be travlling between sites.

A woman in work with us had an offer of a job, in a similar situation to you, except she didn't have a license. The offer was conditional on her passing her test and obtaining a vehicle within 2 months of her commencing.

HTH