Permissions

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Matt_26uk, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Matt_26uk

Matt_26uk Nibble Poster

Hi all,

Hope your all well.

I have the 270 tomorrow so just cramming in a bit of last min revision. Just wanted to ask a few questions. What are the minimum rights (local admin, power user etc...) you need to be to:

1 Create share folders
    2 Compress folder/files
    3 Encrypt folder/files

Just been reading conflicting info and I'm sure I'm missing something. I created a new user on my xp laptop with not rights and was able to create a share folder, compress and encrypt.

All info is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Certifications: MCSA 2003, CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Was this created using the user without any rights? Owing to the fact that the user created a folder this then means the user is the creator. This would then mean user can share, compress and encrypt the folder as well.

However, only the user would be able to unencrypt or decrypt the folder and or files within the folder.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi matt,

don't want to throw a spanner in at this stage of the game (!), but with permission (and all others for that matter) questions, make sure you read the question carefully.

You are talking about defaults here. As onoski has pointed out, if someone has the permission to create a file or folder, that makes them the owner of it (unless an admin takes ownership of it).

Permissions are complicated, but from memory, the 270 (when I sat it) was really testing you on;

share, combined with NTFS
    Inheritance, copy and remove
    and moving files within and outside a partition.

Good luck.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT