pdf watermarking

Discussion in 'Software' started by dales, May 24, 2007.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Morning all,

Been given a little investigation work to do and whilst looking round the internet I wondered if anyone might have tried this or have any good suggestions.

One of our departments require the ability to watermark (perferably parts of) pdf documents, without the adobe writer software. do you know of any plugins or other software that may help them achieve this. As they are users I was thinking it might be good to have a right click solution, also a windows app under GNU would be good for cost effective reasons. they all have either reader 7 or * installed and xp pro.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

You can add a watermark to a document or parts of a document using Word.

Free stuff to create .pdf docs PrimoPDF or CutePDF.

They install themselves as a printer and you can then make the pdf document with all the usual secruity.

HTH

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Not sure if this works with watermarks to, but you could try a pdfwriter.
    Docudesk.com and cutepdf.com are two free writers.
    Its worth the try.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

I use PDF955 works well for me.

5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

thanks for the suggestions, what I actually need though is the ability to add watermarks to already created pdf's without having the writer software, some of the staff already use cutepdf to convert word doc's to pdf's but they need to be able to watermark pdf's that they are given from other sources.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  6. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house