PDANet for MAC and Iphone

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dazzo, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

Hi Guys,

Someone has come to me asking me to install this software onto their Mac book pro, I installed it however when I click the link it doesn't run nor does it appear on the 'task bar' at the bottom. Have I missed something, my mac experience is pretty limited!

Also don't you need to jail break you phone for this?

Darren

Certifications: A+, MOS: Master 2010, Network +
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Looks like you do have to jail break your phone to get this working, why is the user requesting it? Is this a company or personal laptop?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

Yeah personal Mac Book, no idea why the user wants it really but it is installed correctly and I think it doesn't work as the Iphone isn't jail broken....sp? haha

How could I explain Jail breaking an Iphone to a non technical user?

Darren

4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

probably with great difficulty, I'd actually avoid doing so as I never recommend people circumvent vendor controls unless absolutely necessary because it seems to make my life a pain in the arse every time they update and thereby disable whatever it is they wanted to use in the first place.

5. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

Thanks man, I'll leave the explanation to "do a lot of technical stuff" which I wont be doing as this was never in my job description. Plus I'd have to learn it first and then do it. I've got enough on my plate with Job + MCSA study.

Do you have to look after Smart Phones for your job?

Sig is great btw lol, mine is a daily plan never changes

1/Get up
    2/Survive
    3/Go Back to Bed

6. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I've only ever had one of my users ask for support for his smartphone and that was the MD with his BlackBerry before RIM made BB Enterprise Server Express available, I told him it'd cost at least £25k to set up a server to make sure email synced with his phone properly and I never heard from him again :p

Amazing how he took to using the desktop redirector after that....