PC World interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Gazz1981, May 10, 2008.

1. Gazz1981

Gazz1981 New Member

HI all,

After trying to find a 1st line support job for a few months i applied to PC world(store collegue) to tide me over in the mean time. I have an interview with them next week. Anyone worked for them before? Any tips on what i should read up on before the interview? Any comments/advice would be much appreciated. Most people seem to have a pretty dim view of them as company.

Certifications: HND Computing
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you will probably know more than a lot of them in there, especially if your just working on the shop floor, try and get in with their 'tech guys' as they call them. Maybe if you tell them your studying the A+ etc then they might give you a more technical job like working in hardware installation of soemthing like that.

Good Luck

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Good luck with the interview :D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

I did think about looking at them, but was think don't know if it look very good on my cv.

Good luck

here some pointers :biggrin
    [​IMG] mouse
    [​IMG]keyboard
    [​IMG]screen
    [​IMG]base unit

5. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I would still go for the job. It’s IT related, will look better on your CV for future IT jobs than ‘worked at Burger King’. You can even spin the experience into a positive. Any first or second line support jobs you apply for in the future will require you to have some good customer skills.... you will learn customer skills dealing with shoppers in PC World. Like GBL said, get a foot in the door and try and move over to the tech guys section.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  6. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Lol! I think they might even get that wrong.

As well as trying to get in with the 'tech guys' seek proper IT work elsewhere.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  7. jammed24

jammed24 Bit Poster

I worked at PC World for 3 weeks. The store I worked for wasn't that good. I mean PC World isn't just computers, they got consoles, digital cameras, and recently selling tv's and other stuff aswell. I would say just get some experience there and if you find anything suitable or even better I think you want to leave asap.

You will and most of the time finding yourself working at the till, stack shelf or meet and greet. Thats what I did most during my time working there. I did have some customer asking me question about pc's but not alot.

If you can try to work in their service desk because lots of customer would take faulty equipment back for repair, upgrade pc's or complaining about things.