PC Barebone kits

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by itbookham, Dec 13, 2007.

1. itbookham

itbookham Nibble Poster

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company selling decent pc barebone kits at reasonable prices? I have checked out the Misco website, but they appear to be out of stock of many of their models. Thanks.

WIP: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I usually buy the components separately... case, processor, PSU, etc. No need to buy a kit! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Have a look on xcase.co.uk and ebuyer

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I'm a big fan of newegg personally...

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I think newegg delivers only to US? if I am not mistaken?

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

I have ASUS Vintage V3-P5945G barebone system, it's a really nice piece of kit.
    I'm running a small file server on it and to b honest I'm now thinking about getting the second one
    just spoken to my account manager @misco and he says they can deliver it now in about one week.

just call them and ask :)

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  9. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I've always sworn by Novatech. Got my barebones off them in 2003 and it is still running strong, not a single problem the whole time at all

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  10. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Yes, you are correct. I just checked. Sorry.:oops:

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I use the Asus Vintage line for my VMWare ESX cluster
    and my missis PC
    and a few other systems (not my big rig though, thats hand built with blood and sweat)
    ebuyer is my place of choice now after OcUK messed me about once too often.. shame for them really as I spend a few grand a year and my recommendations netted them another few grand a year easily..
    oh well.. shite customer service is about as much use as no customer service!

Most the Asus barebone range are very awesome.. the Pundits (now renamed to something else) are VERY cool for tiny little obscure systems, I replaced my aging ISA2006 system that was running on a Dell GX110 SFF into a pundit, 4x the memory, 4x the processor cores, 100 times the powah!!! :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  12. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I have to agree with that also - Novatech based out of Bristol I think, and an office in Portsmouth.

I used to build my own systems, but the price differential between parts and barebones built is so small now, I'd go for the ease of having it already built.

That said, I wasn't particularly picky on what specs I got last time so it was OK - if I wanted something different than they stocked, I wouldn't go and search for somewhere else that did it pre-built, I'd just purchase the parts and build it myself.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293