PC anywhere problem

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by punkboy101, Aug 26, 2004.

1. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi guy's,think this is the right forum.

I'm working on a jiob at the minute, where a customer has had a complete machine failure, and I'm in the middle of rebuilding that, but because it is a standalone machine, and he has his customer database on it, I set him up a new machine for the moment.

He's also having problem's with his database (why i was called in the first place) and his tech support are using PC anywhere to get into his machine.

No here's the problem. I only had an external modem available to give him (his original won't fit into the replacement machine), which is set up on COM 1 and set properly in the PC anyhwere profile. The problem is, the service reject's the modem at start-up, and tells me to check that it is on. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothin seems to work. :rolleyes:

I've heard that PC anywhere can be funny with external modems, so does anyone know a work around or something to try. At the moment, I'm waiting for a new MOBO for this guy, and I won't have an internal modem till next week. :dry

Any ideas???

Thanks

Andy

PS. Let me just say here how much i hate companies that are still using dial up. Cheapskates!! :x :mad :thumbdwn

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Andy I think that u need to check that the software is able to read from a different Comm port. If it is an older type of S/W the it may be hard coded into the S/W and difficult to change. :blink

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong