1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay Evaluation

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by utrinqueparatus, May 19, 2008.

1. utrinqueparatus

utrinqueparatus New Member

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the forums although i have been watching for a long time.

My query is that i have started a new job recently and my probation period is coming to an end and i am due a pay evaluation as outlined in my contract. I have nearly 4 years experience i am working as a network engineer field and office remote support and am good at my job. I am currently on a rather low salary IMO compared to the market average for this and lower graded jobs of £16500. It is a permanent role. Basically I am looking for peoples input as to what sort of increase i should be looking at. Any help would be much appreciated.

UP

WIP: MCDST CCNA CWNA
  2. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

I'm gonna be teh first to ask what everyone else will want to know,

what area do you work in?

pay varies greatly by area.

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  3. utrinqueparatus

Hi there,

I work in hampshire, travelling to areas surrounding including maidstone, salisbury, kent.

hope that helps

UP

4. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Where are you getting your "average salary figures" from?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. utrinqueparatus

Just by looking at the vast majority of jobs i get sent by email from jobserve ( which is where i got this job )

After reading your reply i did a search and got results that i definitely wouldnt expect to be true here :

http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/uk/network engineer.do

UP