Patch Panels and cable management

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by AgentDRL, Mar 24, 2010.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Haha - you might see a Glaswegian first-line tech fly through the frickin window if he hasn't done the schedule by the time I get up there :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. AgentDRL

AgentDRL Nibble Poster

Well, my Sunday work has been rejected by the CR panel board :x!

Apparently the IT Director got cold feet about me doing this on a Sunday and the amount of servers I have to power down especially since the next day is a working day. I can do in on a Saturday, but people work up until 1pm on that day. So that would mean me travelling up to Hull, starting the work at about 1:30pm and not finishing until daft o'clock. At least on Sunday I could get up there for 8am, get the radio on, get to work and do some thorough testing once finished. What, are they afraid I'm not going to switch the router back on :biggrin?

I do understand the IT Director's logic (sound guy btw, but he hasn't been here very long), but it's not as though I haven't done a re patch of a cabinet before. Granted there's a ton of work to do, but I know the pitfalls and know what to look out for and I had planned on testing everything before I left. They asked could I do this during Easter, but hell no! I'm on annual leave next Thursday and the following Tuesday. Don't mind doing it the following weekend though.

Oh well, no double bubble for me this Sunday. It might have to wait a couple of weeks :)!

Certifications: ITIL v3, A+, Network+
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Queue the complaining from others when they try and patch someone new in :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. AgentDRL

AgentDRL Nibble Poster

Lol. Very true wizard!

Certifications: ITIL v3, A+, Network+