Password recovery from hell

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Tartanbill, May 28, 2007.

1. Tartanbill

Tartanbill Bit Poster

I've invested in another DCE/DTE cable and some power cords so that I can get my lab fully set up but I forgot just how much of a pain my old 4000 series is.

It's been that long since i've used it that I have no idea what the configuration is on it and the console port is... DB25.

I've been scratching my head with this one and it seems that it's possible to get an RJ45 to DB25 adapter and i've spotted a few on eBay, so i'm going to pick one up when I get paid later in the week.

I have a holiday booked at the end of June and when I come back, i'm going to bite the bullet and just book my exam, perhaps sit it later in July or August - sometime soon anyway and get it over with :)

2. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

When you go to the cisco website to see what they have to say about the old 4000, they say:

NOTE: This product has reached end-of-sale or end-of-life status; it cannot be ordered and may no longer be supported.

If it was me, I'd have junked it and replaced it with a 2600 or 3600 which can be picked up cheap and easy on ebay. Probably far less hassle than you'd get from ordering the cables anyway.

Goodluck with your exam.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Tartanbill

Tartanbill Bit Poster

Well i've had it for a couple of years and in it's defense it has 8 BRI ISDN ports, 4 Serial, 2 RJ45 Ethernet and 2 AUI Ethernet so it's pretty versatile :)