Passing the MTA Exam 98-365

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by PadawanTechie, Jul 4, 2011.

1. PadawanTechie

PadawanTechie Bit Poster

Hi all,

I'm hoping to start my Microsoft certifications with a nice little MTA preferably Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Exam 98-365. But how should I prepare for this.

I'm an Bsc Media technology student with an A+ and soon to have N+. I visited the microsoft website and looked at the exam objectives which seem straight forward enough but it doesn't recomend any study resources or meterial to prepare for this exam.

Where should I start? Has anyone just passed this exam.

Please help

Regards

Certifications: Bsc (Media Technology), A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

My team and I have passed this exam, to be honest, if you already have basic experience with the technology it'll be a walk. However if you don't, then:

Collection 6420: Fundamentals of a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform

Covers what you need to know.

Or the Wiley book is a cheaper resource :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. PadawanTechie

PadawanTechie Bit Poster

Thanks Ken.

Do you rate the wiley book as comparable equivalent to the Collection 6420.

And for a person who has very basic skills what would you suggest my study techniques should be.

Certifications: Bsc (Media Technology), A+
  4. Kitkatninja

It's ok, one of our tech's used the Wiley book instead of the online collection and passed. So it can't be bad :)

The MTA exams are heavily weighted towards theory, rather than practice. But like every exam, create yourself a virtual machine and work through it :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. David_Sussex

David_Sussex New Member

My problem is finding a test centre. Certiport has plenty of places listed but none of them appear to cater from external students only for people who pay to enrol on their courses.

Does any one know of anywhere I can take an MTA exam that is in the South East or at least not too far further north. Leicester is the only place I've found and that's 180 miles from me.

Thanks

Certifications: MCDST MCP City and Guilds 712 Networking
    WIP: soon to start CCNA
  6. Kitkatninja

We're also a Certiport testing centre in the East Midlands (Northamptonshire), however depending on where in West Sussex you're based it may just as far :(

-Ken

7. David_Sussex

David_Sussex New Member

Northants is about 50 or 60 miles nearer than Leicester so would be an option if there is nowhere nearer. How would I go about booking myself in to take the Server MTA at your place?

Thanks

Certifications: MCDST MCP City and Guilds 712 Networking
    WIP: soon to start CCNA
  8. Kitkatninja

PM sent mate :)

-Ken