1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed the IT Technician exam on Friday

Discussion in 'A+' started by nick6196, Feb 2, 2009.

1. nick6196

nick6196 New Member

I had a crack at the IT Technician exam this Friday having passed the Essentials exam the Friday before. I think the IT technician exam is definitely harder than the Essentials exam--I felt like I was struggling with more of the questions on the IT technician exam anyway although I did end up scoring slightly higher: 800 on the Essentials exam and 819 on the IT technician exam.

I was very pleased with those scored since I have absolutely no IT experience to draw on. I used the Mike Myers All in one guide and the ExamCram practise questions book. I also used the free resources on the RMRoberts.com website which were helpful too. I think the Mike Myers book is excellent although it takes quite a while to get through all 1200 pages if you are a fairly slow reader like me...especially if you read it twice as I did. It is very nicely written though. I will definitely be buying his Network+ book next.

The ExamCram book is a very useful tool too. Unfortunately, some of the questions are poorly worded and a few of the answers are wrong which can cause some confusion. The book needs a good proof reading but where else can you get 800 odd practise questions for £13? Fortunately, questions in the exams themselves are very clearly worded which was nice to see.

Good luck if you are currently working towards these exams.

Nick

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Well done on the pass and the A+ Technician. :D

5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. G_uk

G_uk Bit Poster

Congratulations.

Ironically (like some people) I found the 602 easier.