Passed the 70-284... NOT!

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Kitkatninja, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you guys/gals know that I ain't the exam passing freak that I make myself out to be... I failed the 70-284 exam, score: 595.

So far the only other MS exam I failed was the 70-296 (MCSE 2k Upgrade).

As for the exam itself, some of the questions that I had, I had no idea what they were trying to ask (let allow).

Oh well, I tried my best (sort of). The training material that I use was trainsignal's CBT (which I didn't rate very high, or high) and then I used transcender test sims as well as supporting an Exchange 2k3 environment at work. I have no-one to blame but myself for not studying hard enough, and at least I now know what to expect next time :)

I'm going to have a break now and rest my brain...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Bad luck mate, the sun is shining at the moment, well were I am at the moment, go outside and enjoy it :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Ossian

Ossian Bit Poster

Just like a bicycle -- get up, get on and get going!

I took 284 a year ago and found it was heavy on the networking questions I thought I'd finished with after 291 and 293. Also a little to much "unreal world" stuff like POP3 and IMAP!

Good luck next time round!

Tom

Certifications: MCT, MCSE/A, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP, Sec+
    WIP: Not sure....
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Bad luck Ken

Was it badly worded as I have heard some exams are that badly worded people can't understand the questions being asked.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Better luck next time Ken :thumbleft

You say you didn't rate the Trainsignal material - was it because they show you how to use exchange in general and not cover the objectives of the 284?

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It actually missed out some of the objectives, imo, I was just comparing it to the MS course for the 70-284 and it was lacking in certain areas...

Oh well, with the impending birth of my son, I guess I just rushed myself into taking something that I wasn't ready for. Going to take some time off studying and then going to re-study it properly with the MS books that I have and learnkey (that has better reviews).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Hard luck Ken. The situation wasn't right and you took a gamble. Once you get back into the right frame of mind you will be back as the exam ace we all know. shiney!! :D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yikes... I was considering knocking out 284 and 285... gonna have to re-evaluate whether I want to give it a try, relying only on real-world experience without much studying, ya know?

To top it all off, there's not much out there to study for the 285 exam... hmmm.

Best of luck on your next attempt, Ken! I assume you're taking advantage of the Second Shot promo?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

There really is bugger all out there on 285
    one of the reasons I never took it lol
    although I passed the Exchange 2007 design beta, so I assume I had a lot of the knowledge to start with,
    you know how confidence is though, no books to read, and your never quite sure if the 100 quid is worth it :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Thats too bad Ken, at least you know how the exam is now. You will most likely pass it next time around.

Good Luck.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA