Passed Security+

Discussion in 'Security+' started by obsolete, Dec 30, 2010.

1. obsolete

obsolete Bit Poster

I have just passed the Security+. This test was extremely difficult than the A+ and Network+. I did not score very high but barely enough to pass. It took me 3 days of studying and decided to take the test to see if I pass. I was relieved when I discovered that I passed. I feel like I got lucky that I passed. I am just glad that I passed and now certified for life.

I noticed that CompTIA changed the certification status to n/a. I logged in a few days ago and saw "never expired" but just logged in now and it says "n/a." Anyone else getting that? I prefer never expired than n/a or something that sounds better.

2. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

3 days of studying and you passed? what experience have you got?
    congrats anyway

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done

I didn't study long for it either and just scraped a pass but having the A+ and N+ and a little bit of experience helped.

My transcript shows N/A for all my compTIA certs.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Congrats!

I've got the security+ tomorrow, (Or today, its the early hours now) and I've had 2 weeks since passing the N+

Like you mind, I've needed to crack it out in a few days ( the last 2 thirds of the AIO book yesterday and today, around 25 Hours worth of study :cry:)

I'm not expecting much as I've left it to the last minute but im kinda hoping I get lucky as you believe you have!

Well done anyway, and heres to the 'Just in Time' club!

-James

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  7. obsolete

obsolete Bit Poster

I have no experience at all. I used mainly powerpoint slides and Darril Gibson's blog. I did not use any books. From what I read on his blog, he explained a few concepts pretty well. I only had 6 months of help desk experience 3 years ago. So basically, I do lack a lot in experience in the IT field.

For people wonder how I pass, I have no idea. I felt that I got lucky. I thought I surely failed when I got to the end. After I received my results, I was shocked that I passed. I barely passed with a score of 780. I do think that Security+ was much harder than the A+ and Network+ exam. I also had trouble with the way the questions were worded on the test. (that's all I'll say in regards to he test)

I am just glad that I got certified 4 days ago with the Network+ exam and now just finished the Security+ exam today. I did study more for the NEtwork+ but I can actually say that a week should be enough for the Network+ depending on the individual. I think the problem for me is that I think the test is more difficult than what it actually is and afraid of failing that prevents me from putting off the examinations. Also some people on the forums claims that they didn't do so well on the practice tests in the various books and other testing vendors but decided to take the test anyway and shocked that they passed. I did take a big gamble on the Security+ exam with only 3 days of studying.

Thanks.

8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security