Passed Security+ and applying it to MCSE

Discussion in 'Security+' started by invierno, Apr 21, 2010.

1. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Hello all -

I passed Security+ recently (hooray!) and just wanted to let everyone know that the following combination of training materials worked really well:

-Sybex Security+ 2008 Edition book
    -ExamForce practice Test
    -4 months on the job experience

Also, if you want to use it as an elective for MCSE, please see the information below on how to apply it:

Thank you for contacting CompTIA. Microsoft accepts the combination of CompTIA A+ with either CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Server+ as an elective for the Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) certification program. In addition, Microsoft accepts CompTIA Security+ as an elective for both the MCSA and the Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications, and as a specialization option for the MCSA: Security and MCSE: Security certifications.

You can forward an electronic verification of your certification using the ‘Transcript’ feature.

On your first visit to this page you will essentially see a ‘blank’ screen with only column headings. Select ‘Create new transcript’ located to the left, under the word ‘Transcripts’. This will take you to the ‘Create/Edit’ screen.

The options on the CREATE/EDIT page are as follows: Select the boxes appropriate to your needs as described below:

DISABLED – allows You to ‘disable viewing’ by your recipient prior to the original ‘Can be viewed until’ date.

Note, this will disable ALL transcripts sent under this particular transcript number.

DISPLAY CERTS – Will display only the Certification held, without certification dates. MUST be checked.

IF DISPLAYING CERTS – Will display Certification dates along with certification held. CAN be checked.

SHOW CERT DATES

CAN BE VIEWED UNTIL – This is the last date Transcript can be viewed by your recipient. Average time given is usually 30 to 90 days. Format of date field is flexible (2010-12-31 or 31-12-10 or 12-31-2010 etc.)

PRIVATE NOTES: Area where you can place note or reference for yourself – is displayed on main transcript screen

REMARKS –These are visible to your recipient. You would enter your MCP# in this box when submitting for Microsoft validations.

SUBMIT BUTTON– Creates Transcript & Transcript ID#.

You will be sent back to the Transcript ‘home page’. Select the transcript ID you wish to publish, enter an email address & hit the ‘submit’ button. This occurs quickly and a notification will appear at the top of the page. Each email address the transcript is sent to must be entered individually. Again, when the disabled feature is used, ALL the recipients who received the transcript ID# will be disabled. Feel free to send to yourself first, so you can review what your recipient will be receiving.

Microsoft’s email address, if applicable is [email protected] They will only accept your certification information by using this validation process. If you have any questions please contact Microsoft at 1-800-636-7544.

Note; The ‘submit’ button in the received email does not link anywhere – we are working on removing this from the email sent.

If you should have any additional questions, please e-mail us at [email protected] or you can call our customer service department at 1-630-678-8300, option 5.

Again, thank you for your inquiry.

"Advancing the Global IT Industry"

Skills Certification Customer Service Team

Phone 630-678-8300, #5

Fax 630-268-9071

[email protected]

www.comptia.org

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: Java, Linux
  2. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Congrats on passing, your going straight for MCSE?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. I've pinned the thread because it has some useful info. Thanks for that. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

Sorry to sound stupid, so if I have the A+ and N+ together,what do they mean elective.could some one please clarify.

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  8. Georgiesickjitz

Ok I think i understand,this is almost as good as the mcsa,which will alow me to take the mcse?

9. ethernet0

ethernet0 Byte Poster

10. Georgiesickjitz

Thankyou