Passed PRINCE2 Foundation

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by TechTock, Feb 10, 2012.

1. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

Work paid for me to go on a 3 day course and I passed. Anyone thinking of doing this course and doesn't have a Project Management background I would strongly suggest going on a course. I would of struggled to pass this doing self study as the material isn't easy to follow without guidance.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician | PRINCE2 Foundation | VCP5
    WIP: Having a rest :-)
    JonnyMX likes this.
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

Now do the Practitioner as soon as you can. The longer you leave it after the foundation, the harder it will be (It is all commonsense though)

Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  4. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

I'm not going to do the practitioners exam as I don't have any intention of becoming a Project Manager (at present) but thought it was good to have basic knowledge of Project Management.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician | PRINCE2 Foundation | VCP5
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

Cheers all :D

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Fair play. But passing practitioner doesn't mean that you have to become a project manager.
    What he said is valid in that practitioner is just an extension of foundation so it's worth doing before you forget it all. There is very little in terms of additional work to do. After passing foundation, the course just basically spends a day doing practice papers.

Up to you though...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

It did cross my mind to do it but I was heavily into doing my VCP and done the course and was doing further reading and labs when work said fancy doing PRINCE2 so I thought why not. Now it's a case of going back to the VCP as that is the most important cert for me to get at present. To be honest after doing PRINCE2 foundation I thought it was good to feel I could run with small projects but it just doesn't interest me in taking it forward yet. Maybe PRINCE3 might be a better option in years to come.

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

LOL. Never did find out what happened to Prince1...

10. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

He's the Symbol formally known as PRINCE1 :tune

11. HamStar50

HamStar50 Bit Poster

LOL! :D

JonnyMX - you said "After passing foundation, the course just basically spends a day doing practice papers". I hoping for my results in the next day or two on the foundation. Is the practitioner really just practive papers when attending a course?

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Networking & Communications, MBCS (British Computer Society), CompTIA A+, MCP in Win XP, MCP in Server 2003, Citrix CCA: Presentation Server 4, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Linux+, PRINCE2 Foundation
    WIP: PRINCE2 Practitioner
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yes. It was pretty much a day of recapping core principles and then going through sample questions. There isn't much more to gain in terms of knowledge but the questions in practitioner are a lot more complicated.
    They are still multiple choice, but much more detailed scenarios and questions that involve putting tasks in the correct order etc. you needed the practice just to get your head around how to answer the questions.

13. HamStar50

HamStar50 Bit Poster

To follow up, I received my results folks for my foundation and I'm pleased to say I passed. Just bringing myself up to speed on the ins and outs on MS Project as a tool now before I move on to understand the Practitioner level (hopefully with the experience of doing PM related work - as i'm now job hunting for Junior PM/PMO based roles).

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Networking & Communications, MBCS (British Computer Society), CompTIA A+, MCP in Win XP, MCP in Server 2003, Citrix CCA: Presentation Server 4, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Linux+, PRINCE2 Foundation
    WIP: PRINCE2 Practitioner
  14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Tidy. Well done.

:D