Passed Network+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by McTaff, Aug 13, 2009.

1. McTaff

McTaff Bit Poster

Well, knock me down with a feather if I haven't gone and passed the Network+. It's the sixth exam I've passed in almost as many weeks. I started an aggresive training regime back in May with the goal of attaining MCDST, ITIL Foundation, A+ and Network+, but never thought I'd be any more than partially successful. I'm currently unemployed, so was able to put as many hours a day as was necessary towards study, but on average I was working for about four hours.

For the Network+, I again used CBTs from Career Academy (has anybody else heard of these guys?), and Measure-Up practice exams. The CBTs were pretty exhaustive, on three DVDs, although the instructor, Frank (who had the demeanour of a ***** hitman), had a rather rambling, indecisive style - a symptom I think of poor preparation to beat everyone else to marketing a 2009 Network+ CBT (it was recorded in early March). I thought the exam itself was pretty hard - there is a strong need to learn a lot of stuff by rote; cable types, port usage, connector types - I felt this was very different to the other certs I've taken where the emphasis was more on understanding systems or concepts.

I'm not sure what to do next, I'd like to learn a bit about Active Directory - any suggestions would be appreciated. I've decided against upgrading my MCDST to MCTIP as I don't believe many businesses are likley to contemplate switching to Vista in the middle of a recession when XP works just fine and Windows 7 is in the pipeline.

Better find a job now I suppose.

Certifications: ITIL v.3, MCDST, CompTIA A+, Network+
    WIP: Scratching my head in frustration
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Lots (and lots!) of congratulations. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. McTaff

McTaff Bit Poster

"*****" is censored? I thought that would be a pretty harmless word...

4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

...As we can't see the word (because it's filtered!), I'm going to just smile and nod politely.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Congratulations on the pass.

I am at chapter 6 and trying to put in 12 hours a week so hopefully i should be doing the exam in the next couple of months.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  7. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Well done McTaff :D

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats and well done :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

congrats, I'm planning on taking the exam soon myself so hopefully I'll join you in the N+ qualified ranks!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. McTaff

McTaff Bit Poster

I presume it's quite easy to guess, just think Godfather, Goodfellas or Joe Pesci begining with the letter M. Hopefully, one of those examples is not filtered...and why is it censored?!

Also forgot to mention about the price of the test; £169 - how is that justified? The exam doesn't appear to require any special conditions compared with the A+ or MCP - can I expect a diamond encrusted badge with my CompTIA certificate?