Passed Net+ today.

Discussion in 'Network+' started by taquintana07, Mar 2, 2013.

1. taquintana07

taquintana07 New Member

I went through 2 chapters of the Net+ Exam Cram and did the practice questions in the back of the book. In all honesty the test isnt to bad. The book has questions that are much more in depth and harder than the actual test. I got a 784. Passing is 720. So not the best but not bad for studying at most 3 days.

I now Have MCP, A+, SEC+, NET+

Certifications: A+, Sec +, Net+, MCPXP
    WIP: Server +, CCENT, ITIL
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. parman05

parman05 Byte Poster

Congratulations.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCTS WIN7 (70-680), MCITP WIN7 (70-685), MCSA WIN7, Linux +,LPIC-1, Novell CLA 11, SUSE 11 Tech Spec, DC Tech Spec
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, security +, CCNA
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, good stuff! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. FreshenUp

FreshenUp Bit Poster

Congratulations!

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  6. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Congratulations.
    Just to add, I think you found it easy because you kind of mixed up the order. Most people do A+, Net+ then Sec+. The Sec+ IMO is pitched to follow on from the Net+. So in passing the Sec+ first, you'd done a lot of the work for the Net+ already.

CompTIA reflect this in their re-certification requirements: normally if you do the A+ you have to do it again within three years to keep it valid. However, if you later do the Network+, that 'refreshes' the A+ too. It resets the timer to three years for both. If you then do the Security+, that refreshes BOTH the A+ and the Network+. But notably the opposite is NOT true: passing the Security+ refreshes your Network+, but passing the Network+ does not refresh the Security+.
    The Security+ is considered the higher level exam.

I've seen enough people fail the Network+ that I really don't want to see anyone reading this and underestimating it. It's only easy if you know it!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?