Passed N+!

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Jay_7, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Congrats :thumbleft

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

How long should it take for a certificate to be delivered? I can't find anything on the CompTIA website about expected delivery times or anything like that. Also the Fulfillment order is no longer in the Order tracking bit of the CompTIA Career ID website. When I passed A+ I could have sworn I got my certificate within a week...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP
    WIP: CCNA 200-120
  3. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

It usually takes about 4-6 weeks. My A+ took the full 6 weeks before I got it! :dry

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  4. StewartC

StewartC Bit Poster

Jay,

Have you found a test centre near Inverness for your MCSA?

and congrats on the pass:clap

Certifications: BSc Hons Computing Science
    WIP: 70-270
  5. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

Up until recently, My Course Training in Elgin was the local test centre for both Prometric and Pearson Vue. Then a few months ago they decided to close their doors to test-takers unless you want to fork out thousands of pounds for their training courses.

As far as I'm aware, the nearest centre for me is QA-IQ in Aberdeen. Although I've heard rumours of ITP Solutions becoming a test centre in the near future.

6. StewartC

StewartC Bit Poster

itp would be ideal, its five minutes away from work and the house :)

Certifications: BSc Hons Computing Science
    WIP: 70-270
  7. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Hey Jay,

After checking my own report sheet, it said that your exam info will be updated on CompTIA's website after 5 business days. After that happens, you have to log in and verify your demographic info on CompTIA's site and click the "Submit" button. Clicking Submit acknowledges that your demographic info is correct and it then authorizes CompTIA to ship your certificate. So I guess that's the missing steps. After you do that, it will then take 4-6 weeks to arrive in the mail. Hope this helps.

8. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

I received an email from CompTIA the day after my exam congratulating me and asking me to confirm my demographics. After doing this, there's a bit where you can track cert orders, mine changed status about 3 times and has since disappeared from the tracking bit.

Edit: Panic over - I've received my certificate.

9. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Yea I got the same email and authorized them to ship the cert. I'm glad you finally got your's.......hope I get mine equally fast also! :biggrin