Passed N+ today. What next?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by MarkGL, Jul 2, 2013.

1. MarkGL

MarkGL New Member

I passed my network+ today with a score of 759. I now have both the Comptia A+ and N+ but I'm not really sure what to do next. Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction please?

2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, maybe a Microsoft or Cisco cert? Do you work in IT at the moment or what would you like to be in the IT industry?

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. MarkGL

MarkGL New Member

Thanks. I don't currently work in IT, I have been self studying outside of part time work. I've been applying for support jobs so I think that is the area I'd like to go in to. I was thinking a Microsoft cert but not sure which one to go for.

4. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I'd look at trying to get some work experience to help bolster your CV with your newly gained qualifications. This would put you in better stead to future employers. Nobody wants to higher heavily certified people with little to no work experience.

Once you've got your foot in the door, learn what are you using properly and get certified in that.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  5. MarkGL

MarkGL New Member

I am looking into getting experience as we speak but I would really like to carry on studying just so I'm continually learning as I go. I read something about being able to use the Comptia certifications as part of the Microsoft certs. Is there anywhere that gives me a better guide as to how and where I should move forward?

6. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I'd perhaps look at the 70-680 exam on Windows 7. It's a lot tougher than the old XP exams though.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+