1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passed my VCPv5 today... but a little confused at the end...

Discussion in 'VMware Certifications' started by Denver Maxwell, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Denver Maxwell

Denver Maxwell Nibble Poster

So i booked the exam, last week, turned up this afternoon and they had preped me a Cisco CCNA? What!
    Anyways the got that sorted and i sat down, did the exam and hay i passed only to be greeted with this..

"Congratulations on passing the VMware Certified Instructor on vSphere 5 exam" WTF?

Anyways i passed it! :) quite glad as was sick as a dog this morning and litteraly had to run from the exam to the first loo i could find. no fun at all!

Anyways time to put my feet up and dream about Server 2012... :( need a life.

Certifications: VMware VCP v5, GVF Level 3a, ITIL V3, Windows 2008 something or other...
    WIP: Prince 2? CCENT? mmm donno
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Crikey sounds like you had a 'pony' testing centre mate.

Well done on becoming a VCP :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Good stuff and congrats! funny experience but at least you passed ;)

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

They registered you the VCI510 exam rather than the VCP510 exam.

The content is the same, and you're still a VCP so don't worry! You scored well though, VCP510 has a 300 passing score but for VCI510 it's 350 - so well done!

As the name suggests, the VCI510 exam is normally only taken by existing or prospective VMware Certified Instructors, the different passing score is the main reason why it's a separate exam, and before anyone asks - passing that exam alone doesn't make you a VCI ;-)

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)
  5. Denver Maxwell

Denver Maxwell Nibble Poster

Yeah i had a quick look at the requirements for the VCI, i dont think my pocket money would strech that far to be honest Happy all the same :)

Certifications: VMware VCP v5, GVF Level 3a, ITIL V3, Windows 2008 something or other...
    WIP: Prince 2? CCENT? mmm donno