Passed my CCENT! ^_^

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by mattstevenson, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

A few days ago, I posted a topic letting you know that I was going away for training toward a CCENT...Well I got it. ^_^

For my particular exam, the pass mark was 804/1000. I scored 910. Once again, I've got to recommend Firebrand Training. I did some pre-reading, but nowhere near the amount that I could've done. People passed with marks of up to 955/1000. That's ridiculously good.

Great course, and now I've done the CCENT (ICND 1 exam), I feel like I've got the foundations in place to go on and self study toward the ICND 2. To facilitate this, I've purchased the Cisco Press book, that is essentially the bible of Cisco exams. Also, I'll be purchasing an Exam Cram book, to make the material a tad more palatable, and I've got a router and some computers to play with. Granted I could do with some more routers and switches, but it's all good. Anyone else got any thoughts on the ICND 1 or 2? Experience with job hunting on the strength of a 'mere' CCENT?

Matt.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats! Good luck on ICND2!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass, on to the next one :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! 8)

6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congratulations and well done!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  7. MarkOfBorg

MarkOfBorg New Member

It's such a small world and congratulations on the pass.

Were on the FireBrand boot camp starting 11th Jan? Were you down at Wyboston Lakes? I certainly was and strangely enough, my ICND1 score was 955/1000 :D:D

- M

Certifications: MCTS (SQL Server 2005), CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA: Security
  8. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

I remember you, and I heard you say that you got 955 before I vanished. I'm the hairy guy who left at the end of the CCENT. Ha.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+