Passed my 640-811 (ICND) exam this morning

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by iSiDiS, Jul 3, 2007.

1. iSiDiS

iSiDiS Bit Poster

Well, thats it - finished both Cisco exams - just back from the test centre, got 951/1000 for the ICND (sat the Intro a couple of months ago).

Only had 40 questions and one simulation (was about telnetting into a remote router to change its config). Test time - 1hr

Nothing on ISDN AT ALL
    Quite a few routing questions (about the contents of the ip route command)
    A few static/default route questions
    Couple of Frame Relay
    Couple of CDP
    Couple of EIGRP
    Loads of subnetting and CIDR related questions

This may not be much use as the exams are changing in 1 month; speaking to my lecturer in college (I did a 1 yr CCNA course at Gateshead College), who has to get retrained in the new course layout, alot of legacy stuff is getting taken out, and they are going to try and make it harder (as if it needs to be!), as there are too many people memorising the topics without really understanding it.

Anyways, good luck to all of you, and dont worry - the exam isnt as hard as you think (I was convinced i was gonna fail it today!)

Cheers

Onwards to MCSA!

ps - read my other post about building a CCNA home lab - I strongly recommend it if you dont have access to the Cisco kit at work/college - router sims arent as good.

Certifications: A+, Network+, 640-821, 640-811, 640-553
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Congrats, matey. Keep up the good work.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, but be carefull not to violate the NDA. By telling you had no questions on a certain subject, you might be over the line...

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats, well done :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. iSiDiS

iSiDiS Bit Poster

Luckily theres a pool of over 700 questions that the exam draws on - just because I didnt have any questions on a certain topic doesnt mean no-one else would.

The NDA was exactly the reason that I didnt go any further in the content of the questions, just the actual subject of them.

6. Tinus1959

How do you know?
    True, very true.
    It was just a warning. Some people get a bit carried away because they passed.

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

But the NDA specifically states that you can't mention... at all... what you saw on the exam.

Besides, I'd like to know how you came to believe that there's an active pool of over 700 questions...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. iSiDiS

iSiDiS Bit Poster

I asked one of the lecturers of my CCNA course at college; I assumed it was true as I have no reason to doubt him (about there being over 700 questions) and it made sense; if its not true, fair enough.

By all means, if one of the admins wants to remove my original comments on the exam from my original post, then go for it.

I know what it was like for me before i sat my first exam - the problem is that you dont have a clue what the exams are like; hence a little description to help others who may have been as worried as I was.

Apologies if I overstepped any boundaries......no offence was intended.

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations on the pass.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's not the admins here you should worry about... it is Cisco itself. Here's the portion of the Cisco Confidentiality Agreement that you should be concerned about, from here (bolding added by me for emphasis):

Thus, the agreement you signed states that you agree to not disclose the number of questions you saw on the exam. The reason you should be concerned is that Cisco can revoke your certifications for breaching the terms of the confidentiality agreement:

I know that you mean well, iSiDiS... but providing exam information to people to let them know what the exam is like simply isn't worth risking your current and future certifications over.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Tinus1959

Now I wander how your teacher knew about the database. Cisco tries to keep that hidden from the public.

Strange! Transcender prepared me well on the type of questions I got on my exams. The knowledge has to be there of course, but the exam had no strange surprises for me.
    Didn't they use some sort of practise tests?
    No problem as far as I am concerned. I leave it up to the mods.