passed my 271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by volume, Jun 18, 2009.

1. volume

volume Nibble Poster

Hey guys i passed my 271 i feel like i should let the world know i got a score of 966 :D

i went to classes and studied in college for it and everything but now i am waiting for my access code do you think this would be sent to me college or straight to me my candidate id is this my MCP membership number as well ?

Certifications: 70-722, 70-721, 70-621
    WIP: 70-720, 790, 791
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats, good score too :) Welcome to the club.

Everything will be sent through to the email address you registered with Microsoft.

You'll generally receive all the info within 48 hours of passing the exam :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Congrats ... i got the same score last week :)

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  4. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

You'll get two emails sent to you it can in fact take several working days max (says this on you pass sheet)
    the email address used is the one you gave to prometric.
    The two emails are one with your candidate id the other with a temp id you use these to sign into the Microsoft MCP backoffice for the first time, you'll then set it up with a new or existing MS passport/live/hotmail account ie email/password. These instructions are in the two emails and you'll only have to do this once.

You will then have to order you MCP welcome pack (making sure the details are correct!!!)

Access to some of the other stuff eg shop can take awhile

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Congratulations!

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Hey guys,

This may sound stupid of me but I can't seem to figure out wow to order my MCP welcome pack. There is no explicit option to do that in the Program Benefits menu in the MCP website. How can do it?

Certifications: MCDST
  9. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

You can't anymore. It changed on 01/06/09 (the day I passed my MCDST lol)

Microsoft recently changed all MCP welcome packs to digital format only (you effectively download your certificate) in an effort to reduce their carbon footprint.

Read the discussion here

Microsoft have stated that you can pay to have a nice certificate printed and sent out to you, but this will be happening in "early July 2009"

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  10. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Thanks for clearing that one. I did download the certificate and the transcript but I was begining to feel stupid about this Welcome Pack thing. Feels nice to be part of the family, hehe. Hope it will pay off in getting a job a few months from now.

Certifications: MCDST
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats once again!:rocks

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE