Passed MCDST however have questions

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by RedGnomos, Jul 9, 2009.

1. RedGnomos

RedGnomos Bit Poster

Guys,

I passed my MCDST today and am glad I did it. I do however have questions regarding the exam I felt I didn't know answers to since I don't have the experience with the scenarios seeing that I studied for the exams on my own. Anyhoo, on with the questions.

1. xx

2.xx

3. xx

4.xx

5.xx

I can't remember any of the other questions but these are some I was confused about.

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi mate, well done on your pass but unfortunately we all click a box before we sit Microsoft exams accepting the NDA which means we can't discuss specific questions from exams. Could a mod please edit the post. Thanks, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. RedGnomos

RedGnomos Bit Poster

Thanks Jim however how am I supposed to learn if I don't ask the questions. I agree with don't disclosing confidential information and I won't but I would like to know what the solutions are. It's no use passing the exam and not knowing what you did wrong.

4. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

I suggest looking the answers up yourself by, Google, and using your book to work through them. Sorry but this is how it's done here.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  5. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Yeah, thing is with that mate, I had x of those questions the other day.. so effectively if somebody is browsing the site.. they would know the answers if it came up rather than actually being questioned on the day.
    Effectively making this forum become the dreaded 'braindump' site.

I would suggest looking it up on google or at least trying to replicate those problems, and then you will realise what the answer is.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you could type in google how to stop MBlast.exe

or

can't view folders in outlook etc etc you will get the answers.

3 & 4 should be easy enough to find

as for 5 if you have done the A+ then the answer you should know or will be in your books.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. RedGnomos

RedGnomos Bit Poster

Thanks guys. Sorry I do disagree that me simply asking questions would turn this into a braindump since any question could possibly be asked on the exam. Again the purpose of me asking is to learn not to "cheat". I'll keep looking online for solutions.

Digressing, am looking at taking the MCSE and CCNA, which is more valuable out of curiosity in terms of growth in the field as well as demand?

8. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

"The Examinee is expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting this Exam, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Microsoft"
    That's from the NDA you signed.

Also
    "Examples of misconduct and/or misuse of the Exam include, but are not limited to the following:

Using unauthorized materials in an attempt to satisfy Exam requirements (this includes using braindump material and/or any unauthorized publication of Exam questions with or without answers)

Disseminating actual Exam content"

So, technically, by reading this thread I've violated the NDA I haven't signed yet.
    The best thing that can happen here is that a mod deletes this entire thread and we all walk away nonchalantly as if nothing has happened.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  9. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Hi mate, Ive removed the questions you have posted as you do sign a NDA before you take the exam so posting them (although not exactly the same question) can get you and the site in hot water.

Cheers :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The problem is, "any question" isn't asked on the exam. Your exam questions are pulled from a small pool of existing questions, and the questions rarely change. Thus, if you post those questions, you're doing two things:

1) You're enabling others to study to those particular questions you saw on the exam (which are part of the pool of exam questions), and,
    2) You're violating the NDA you signed when you took the exam.

What you're doing is called "braindumping" - dumping from your brain the contents of what you saw on the exam - and Microsoft takes a firm stance against such actions: they can/will decertify you for life for doing it.

Not saying all this to come down on you... I'm saying all this to help you protect your certifications. It's not worth the repercussions.

Which is more valuable? The one you have experience with. Neither is valuable without the real-world experience to back it up.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. RedGnomos

RedGnomos Bit Poster

I can appreciate everyone's opinion. I am just keen to learn the solutions. I have read so many solutions that it seems to blur into the fact that a problem can be resolved in so many ways.

12. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

I understand what you're saying.. I've always wondered why people haven't released the questions you got wrong (so you can improve). But at least the MS printout gives you areas..
    I think it might have been better to PM somebody re those Q's or at least ask them in a general sense.. not stating that it was on your exam :P Like I said, some of the questions you posted were in my exam on the 7th.. so if I was researching 272/271 questions, and this forum came up with ACTUAL questions with ACTUAL answers.. I'd essentially using a braindump as I would have known the answer before I went into the exam!
    I'm guessing this would also implicate CertForums in someway or another.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  13. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I can completely appreciate what your saying here. Its all a learning curve. Along with learning al the info there's etiquette we all must adhere to. It was obviously an honest mistake putting actual questions up and I'm sure you can see now that by putting actual questions up, this would enable someone who's done the exam after you to google the answer pre their exam. Which would mean they have had an easier time of it than you had. . .

So anyway, do you have a question you want answering? Its OK to discuss Microsoft issues, just be more general I guess is the best way I can put it.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  14. RedGnomos

RedGnomos Bit Poster

Thanks guys and do apologise since I wasn't aware discussing the questions would wrong. I did however want advice on whether I should look at doing the MSCE and CCNA none of which I have in depth experience with. I have dabbled with each however I'm looking at getting certification that allows me to grow as well as remain a valuable source. The reason being I'm looking at switching jobs.

15. BosonMichael

The NDA is a big part of that reason... :blink Better to stay silent than be decertified, eh?

I don't think you're completely understanding... NDA stands for Non-Disclosure Agreement... meaning, an agreement to not disclose (tell) what you saw on the exam. To anyone. Over PM, over forum post, over voice, over written communication, or over ANY medium. :rolleyes: Doesn't matter whether it's in a general sense or in a specific sense... you're simply not supposed to disclose anything about what you saw on the exam. Period.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  16. BosonMichael

If you have real-world experience with neither, then you should look at doing neither of them. If you are a desktop support tech, then you should look for a desktop support job that allows you to learn from and assist the server admins... which, in time, will give you the experience you need to begin to pursue the MCSA. After you've got 12 months of server admin experience, the MCSE would be worthwhile. After you start to work with Cisco routers in a real-world environment, the CCNA would be worthwhile. But getting ANY of those without experience will make you overcertified for your experience level.

17. greenbrucelee

what he said ^

You can do a search on here and you will find many posts by people who have completed certifications like the MCSA and MCSE without having the required on the job experience and they ask "why will no one hire me?".

It's exactly for the same reason as BM posted.

No IT manager in their right mind will let someone on a network regardless of certification if they have no experience, you wouldn't expect someone who has just passed their driving test to be a racecar driver without any proper driving experience would you?

The same principles apply.

18. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

No I mean generally throughout all exam boards, after the tests you take, they don't issue you which questions you fail / pass on.. and then I said that it's good of microsoft to at least provide the areas which you failed on in the printout

There is nothing in here which would suggest you cannot research what you don't know after taking the exam.. and if somehow you can read stuff that I cant, surely that would be stupid?
    So if somebody was to ask: 'Hey, I'm having a little trouble understanding what to do if <my browser was to blow up>.. I've tried all I can think of but it doesn't seem to go back together!'
    What's wrong with that?:blink

19. greenbrucelee

There's nothing wrong with researching the answers or areas you know you got wrong to find out why you got them wrong.

But there is something wrong with saying "Hey I got this question where it asked if skerglepips the gremlin appeared and peed all over the screen, what do you use to get rid of him?"

A: a machine gun
    B: your foot
    C: some water
    D: another Gremlin

Can you tell me the answer because I have no clue?

This would be wrong.

20. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Technically nothing, if you don't even hint at it being from an exam.
    Only trouble is, in real life, if <your browser blows up> there's probably a lot more reasons for it than the one that MS gives you.
    I'd also argue that if you can't find the answer to an entry-level cert question on your own...

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job