Passed MCAD.net - What next?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by fizzer, Sep 11, 2007.

1. fizzer

fizzer New Member

Hi,

I passed the MCAD.net cert a few months ago but I am unsure what to do next?

Would you suggest doing the MCSD or going for the newer .net 2.0 exams? MCPD?

I'm a bit concerned on how long the MCAD and MCSD are going to be valid for.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Once you become an MCSD, you will be an MCSD for life.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. fizzer

fizzer New Member

But isn't there a newer version of MCSD. As there is with MCAD now being MCPD

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I don't think there is any 'right' or 'wrong' thing to do next.

I believe that you can upgrade your MCAD with one exam, or you could do an MCSD and then upgrade that with two exams.

It really depends on what skills you have, what skills you want to get and what skills are in demand.

Or, of course, you could go out and get a job...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What he said.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. fizzer

fizzer New Member

Interesting point about "go and get a job". Are you saying that the certifications are of little importance to a potential employer? I don't agree with that, I had a lot more response from employers even when I just became an MCP.

I have a job. Been a developer for four years now. :biggrin