Passed ITILv3F

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by soundian, Jun 10, 2011.

1. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Easy-peasy. Big thumbs up for the Art of Service book and online course. Pretty much exactly what you need to know, no more, no less.
    I got to the test-centre about 10.50, I was standing outside again at 11.07 with 35/40.
    That's two down this week, unfortunately I'm working until 10 pm tonight, working tomorrow until after midnight and on 7am starts for the two weeks after so celebrations will have to be kept to a minimum (although I am aiming to have a lengthy conversation with a certain Mr Daniels after work tonight).
    70-290 and CCENT or Sec+ next.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

grats on the pass, you must be made of sterner stuff than me, I could hardly keep my owns open during that one.:sleeping

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

To be hinest, I'd rather scoop my eyes out with melon ballers than have to go through that again.
    Quickest £100 I've spent for a while.

5. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Well done on the pass of a very dry subject. I was lucky enough to be put on a 2.5 day course by my old employer but there is no way I could of studied it by myself.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  6. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Did you manage to sign up to the eLearning course without any problems? I followed instructions at the front of the book (sign up on website & email username to email addy provided) but still haven't had an enrolement key....

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  7. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Apart from user error and an over-efficient spam filter I didn't have any issues.

8. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

I sent off an email and they sorted it all out for me in no time (on a Sunday too!)

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  9. repnec

repnec Bit Poster

Congrats on the pass. Passed it a year ago, and could barely stay awake during the off-site training. Still have yet to implement 50% of the ITIL principles but that is more a reflection of my workplace. Saying that I wouldn't mind doing some more of the more advanced modules as long as I can do the studying in my own time.

Certifications: MCSA:2008, MCSA:2003, MCDST, Network+,ITIL v3 F, CCNA: Routing & Switching, CCNA:Voice
    WIP: CCNP
  10. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Sorry to bounce an old(ish) thread but I didn't see the point of opening a new one on this exact topic reference the pass. (Belated graz btw ;))

With ITIL:Foundation is it really as easy as I'm reading here and elsewhere, 5-10 days study for a pass? No official course requirement or anything? And a 65% pass mark?

The downside of it being boring and as dull as watching paint dry?

After CCNP an easy win would be nice I must admit.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  11. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Once you understand it, it's just a matter of nailing the jargon really. I would say 5-10 days if you are already reasonably aware of the role of most stages in the ITIL process and just need to cover a little unfamiliar territory and learn the buzzwords/acronyms.
    I would (yet again) highly recommend the Art of Service book for this. Very close to the real thing, doesn't give you any more than you need to know and the practice questions are spot on the right level and with very similar phrasing. I also used a skillsoft package at work, which was over the top content-wise and a bit confusing because the wording was quite different to the exam and AoS book.
    Thankfully I didn't have any paint (or even tippex) so I couldn't get distracted by watching something more interesting.

12. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Cheers, I'll take a peek at the vids I have and maybe look at that book in the new year.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  13. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations on the pass:) as it sure feels good I know.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell