Passed ICND2!!!!

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Methodman85, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

What a hard, challenging road it has been. For the last 3 weeks I've been studying a min of 5 hours a day during the week, 8 hours on weekends, and 12+ hours yesterday.
    Definetly not recommended, but it paid off :biggrin

I don't know if I'm just slow, but I don't think 75 minutes is enough for this type of exam. I ran out of time, had to skip some sims that I know I would of gotten if I just had a little more time.

My room is a total mess with routers, switches, laptops, and wires all over the place, it's quite a scene.

Next is 70-284 after my head stops throbbing :D

Thanks to all who recommended the two exam path, there's no way I would have finished the 802 exam.

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Nice one mate - all that hard work finally paid off.......Now go drink beer!

3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

4. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Thanks!
    It's funny how things work out.
    Last friday, when I was just about to sneak some studying in at work. Our main corporate layer 3 switch fails! Totally dies, no power nothing. We only had a single other L3 switch, and no current configs from the dead one.
    My manager and I spent about 3 hours going over network diagrams and reconfiguring the other switch to get us back up and running.
    That was some good prep, lots of Vlans and static routes.

Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Good job!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  7. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done matey!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  8. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Congrats and talk about testing your skills from day 1! Good job you'd studied for you CCNA! Is that a bonus I hear :biggrin Kerching!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

That's the biggest challenge with ANY Cisco exam. They make absolutely SURE that you know your stuff before you go in. It's not for the faint of heart.

Glad to be of assistance. :) Good luck with Exchange!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

A job well done indeed!!
    Congratulations.:D

Certifications: CCNA CCNAS CCNAV
    WIP: CCVP
  11. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)