Passed ICND1...chuffed.

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by dave_gray2077, Jul 17, 2009.

1. dave_gray2077

dave_gray2077 Bit Poster

Just passed ICND 1 today. Totally chuffed as I though I was going to fail it.

I have just finished a foundation degree in Computer Networking and my tutor said I may as well have a shot at CCNA while all the knowledge is fresh in my mind. So I bought the Cisco press books and had a few runs through the test simulations you get from Boson.

Well I got 916 which is OK.

I must say the thing that helped me pass this test the most was probably the boson exams. I would recommend them to anyone who is thinking of taking a cisco cert. They realy help to show you where your skills are lacking.

Now to get started on ICND2. Want it passed before i start my final year degree top-up in september. Should be easy since i spent 3 years in a cisco academy :eek:

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA, Fd Degree, BSC (hon).
    WIP: MCDST
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Did you use the Boson exams that came with the the book (created by Cisco Press, not Boson) or the Boson ExSim Max exams (created by Boson themselves)? Although I'd prefer the latter, I thank you for the praise regardless. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done mate!

Can I ask how you studied for this, what material etc and how much experience you have on Cisco routers?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Congrats mate!

I got the same score a couple of weeks ago!

5. dave_gray2077

dave_gray2077 Bit Poster

@ BosonMichael

I used the ones that came with the book.

@craigie

I don't actually have much experience with Cisco routers. Just 3 months. Secondment at my out sourced call centre where I work when they where setting up a new building in an other town and needed an extra hand.

Normal job is working on 1st line on a service desk for the NHS. I’m trying my hardest to move up the chain and off first line. Iv been working on the same service desk for 3 years and want to start advancing my career a bit.

I get a free shot at the exams with the degree I’m doing so I though I don’t have anything to louse really. Even if I do have to remove the cert of my CV for a year.

As for prep I read through the ICND1 Cisco press book and completed the Boson exam simulations you get with it. My networking tutor at Uni is CCAI so all our lectures over the past 3 years with him all had a Cisco slant to them. Every practical we did with him was just right from his Cisco lab books as well. As where all his slides. He just taught to the Semester 1-4 curriculum. Even though we where on a foundation degree course.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA, Fd Degree, BSC (hon).
    WIP: MCDST
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :) Does this mean you're a CCENT now?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. blang008

blang008 New Member

Congrats on the pass and on school!! Now celebrate with a couple of beers

Certifications: A+ Network+ DCSE
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA
  8. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Well done, hope to take this test later on this year

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs