Passed ICND1 (CCENT)

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by deadzebra, Jul 8, 2008.

1. deadzebra

deadzebra Bit Poster

Passed this today. Thought the exam was easier than expected, although I know I messed up the first few questions (stress!).

I'm sure I did well on all the sim questions and that's probably what recovered / boosted my score.

Passing score: 804
    My score: 883

On the my Cisco score sheet, it says that (Cisco Policy) you need to wait 180 days to retake the same exam! Is this just a UK thing? Very happy I passed, did to not want to wait all that time to try again.

A few days rest then start on the ICND2.

Nick.

Certifications: CCENT, Network+, MCP, SCSP, BTEC
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

It's a Cisco policy not just a UK thing :)

You only need to wait 180 days to sit the same exam if you pass:

But if you fail the exam the waiting period is only 5 days:

See here.

Hope this helps :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. deadzebra

deadzebra Bit Poster

Ok, but why sit the exam again if you pass?
    Nick.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For those people obsessed with the score I guess :lol: Also there the aspect of those that resit exams to produce braindumps :x

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. morph

morph Byte Poster

also people who run - 'Get a CCNA in a week' courses - so that they know alot of the content of the exam and if cisco have changed anything ;)

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  7. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Hi, if you dont mind me asking what revision materials did you use?

Also without trying to give too much away did you do the use cisco press book and were the questions in that 9for each section) relevant?

If so i should be reasonably confident lol

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  8. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

deadzebra,

The reason why you need to wait 180 days to retake the same exam is because some people may need to retake the exam for a higher score to become eligible Cisco Certified Systems Instructors. The passing score for Cisco Certified Systems Instructors or candidates are higher than Cisco Career Certification. Therefore, they may need to retake the exact same exam for a higher score to either become eligible or remain a Cisco Certified Systems Instructor.

Source:
    1. EXAM SCORES SEPTEMBER 2005.xls Live Exams - http://www.cisco.com/comm/applications/CCSICom/Docs/EXAMSCORESSEPTEMBER2005.pdf

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  9. deadzebra

deadzebra Bit Poster

My revision stuff:

Books: CCNA Official Exam Cert Library - ICND1 + ICND2. I have only read ICND1 (twice) so far.
    Free with books - Boson (Cisco) Exam on CD. (Very useful)
    TestOut CCNA training DVD (lots of video training + includes a number of simulators to learn IOS)

+other info found on Web.

Took me about 3 months to go through all of the above. I already have Comptia Network+, but this first exam (ICND1) is much harder, a lot more stuff needs to be learned.

The questions in the book are very simple, but the questions found on the free exam (Boson/Cisco) are very relevant and much more challenging - a great learning tool.

Nick.